Helping patients breathe a little easier.
The Vest™ Airway Clearance System is designed to assist patients in the mobilisation of retained secretions. If not removed, retained secretions may contribute to increased rates of respiratory infection, hospitalisation and reduced lung function.
Through High Frequency Chest Wall Oscillation (HFCWO) technology, The Vest™ Airway Clearance System dislodges mucus from the bronchial walls, and mobilises secretions and mucus from the smaller to larger airways where it can be cleared by coughing or suctioning.
3D Animation Video - The Vest™ System
To view this video on a smartphone, please visit our Hillrom YouTube channel.
The Vest™ has been used to assist with effective airway clearance in more than 500 diseases and conditions in adults and children.
The Vest™ is ideal for people experiencing:
- Cerebral Palsy.
- Cystic Fibrosis.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).
- Cardiac Failure.
- Muscular Dystrophies and other myopathies.
- Quadriplegia and/or Quadriparas.
- Acute Respiratory Failure (ARF).
- Atelectasis, Pulmonary Infiltrates.
The removal of retained secretions may help:
- Reduce respiratory infections.
- Reduce hospital admissions.
- Improve lung function.
- Improve quality of life for patients and caregivers.
An ideal supplementary treatment to existing therapies, especially if experiencing:
- Limited success with current airway clearance techniques.
- Lack of strength or ability to perform active treatment.
- Poor cooperation with other airway clearance methods.
- Constant fatigue is impeding existing therapies.
- Reliance on others to assist with therapies.
Lois and Jodie's Story
Breathe a little easier with our comprehensive support package, available to all customers who purchase a Vest™ in the United Kingdom or Ireland.
Evaluate before you purchase.
We provide optional no-obligation evaluations, free of charge for up to four weeks*, helping you determine if the Vest™ is right for you or your loved one.
Our Hillrom specialists will deliver the Vest™ to you at home, in person, to begin the evaluation, provide training and answer any questions you may have. The specialist will also ensure a personalised setup of the Vest™ to ensure optimum device performance.
Your dedicated Vest™ team.
As a UK Vest™ Airway Clearance System customer you’ll receive our comprehensive support that will help provide you with peace of mind. Our dedicated Vest™ team will ensure that the product is suitable and optimised for you or your loved one, supporting you every step of the way to achieve the best possible results.
We work in collaboration with your doctors, physiotherapists and other healthcare professionals to ensure that the Vest™ supports current airway clearance techniques, hence, optimising the outcomes for you.
Ongoing care for your device.
Every new Vest™ purchased in the UK and Ireland comes with a two-year warranty to provide hassle-free ownership. During this time, you will receive on-going support and free repairs in the unlikely event that the device develops a fault, an additional three-year warranty can also be purchased.
We offer service options for your Vest™, conducted by our specialist engineers, helping to keep your device in the best condition. Please contact us for prices and details. For devices outside of warranty we offer a fixed price repair service from our head office in Ashby de la Zouch.
Flexible purchase options.
We have a range of purchase options available, making the Vest™ accessible to most customers. These include brand new devices, ex-demonstration devices and rental options for the NHS. We also offer finance options to those wanting to spread the cost. Payments can be as low as £120 per month and spread over three years*. Please contact one of our Vest™ specialists for full details.
Please note, our comprehensive support package is available only to customers who have purchased their Vest™ in the United Kingdom or Ireland.
* An annual administration fee applies. The Vest™ remains the property of Hillrom until all monthly payments, the administration fees and the final payment have been made, at which point ownership transfers to the customer.
Our Vest™ specialists consult with patient’s clinicians and physiotherapists before providing a demonstration or evaluation, to ensure that the Vest™ is an appropriate therapy option. We have many years’ experience working in collaboration with clinicians, providing effective therapies to supplement existing patient regimes. This experience helps us to provide reassurance to caregivers, patients and clinicians of the results they can expect to see.
Some of our offerings:
- Experience with more than 123,000 patients using the Vest™ Airway Clearance System. *
- More than 80 clinical studies support the safety and/or efficacy of The Vest™ Airway Clearance System.
- Outcomes monitoring feedback to support effective therapy initiation and adherence.
- Support across the health care continuum: clinical, technical, training and finance.
*Global patient numbers
Individual funding requests.
For certain conditions such as Cerebral Palsy funding is available from the NHS to support the purchase of a Vest™. Our Vest™ specialists have many years’ experience in helping patients, caregivers and clinicians through the individual funding request (IFR) process.
We have a range of purchase options available, making the Vest™ accessible to most customers. These include brand new devices, ex-demonstration devices and rental options for the NHS. We also offer finance options to those wanting to spread the cost. Please contact one of our Vest™ specialists for full details.
Please call: 01530 411000
Or email: email@example.com